Please ensure you understand the terms and conditions outlined below when registering for courses, study days and conferences.
When you sign up for an account and/or book onto a free or fee applicable event, at this point you also sign up to adhere to the Newcastle Clinical Skills Academy’s:
- Booking Terms & Conditions; and
- Cancellations Policy
- Payments should where possible be made via the online booking system. If you request an invoice at the point of booking, invoice payment terms are strictly 30 days from the invoice date or 7 days before the start of the event, or the date specified on the course booking page – whichever date is the earliest.
The Newcastle Clinical Skills Academy (Academy) does accept invoicing arrangements from NHS and other organisations. Please note that a Purchase Order Number or Funding Confirmation email is required in advance.
- If we have not received payment by the date the course is due to commence or pre-course materials are due to be issued (if applicable), we reserve the right to cancel your booking.
- Should you no longer be able to attend the event on the booked date, please contact the Academy as we may be able to offer an alternative date subject to an admin charge.
Should you still wish to cancel your booking, you or your employer will be charged as per the fees outlined below.
|Fee paying course
|Over 6 weeks
|£25 admin charge
|2 to 6 weeks
|50% of course fee
|0 to 2 weeks
|100% of course fee
- If you do not attend on the day, you will be charged the full cost of the event place.
- If your training takes place over a series of dates and you are unable to attend the entire series, a fee may be charged for you to complete any sessions missed at another time.
- If you are attending a livestreaming event (our preferred virtual delivery is via MS Teams), you will be advised of the platform to be used and any specific instructions in your confirmation email. It is your responsibility to ensure you are fully prepared in advance of the event commencing.
- If a livestream ticket is purchased, the link provided is for the sole use of the individual in whose name the booking has been made. Allowing access to other individuals is strictly prohibited and may be followed up with legal action.
- Where course content is to be made available for a period of time after the course, you will be advised of access limitations.
- Where food is provided at an event, it is the responsibility of the individual concerned or their representative who is booking the training course(s) to ensure that the event organisers are informed of any special dietary requirements and/or allergies.
- It is the responsibility of the individual attending or their representative who is booking the training course(s) to ensure that the event organisers are informed of any particular needs relating to accessibility, and how to access the venue.
- Certificates are only available for those individuals who are registered for the event. Any repurposing of certificates will be regarded as fraudulent activity.
- If the Academy has to postpone an event, your booking will be transferred to a new date and you will be contacted accordingly. You will retain the right to cancel your place and receive a refund should you be unable to attend the revised date.
- The Academy reserves the right to cancel events due to unforeseen circumstances, in which case full refunds will be issued.
- For reasons beyond the control of the Academy, the way we deliver an event may have to be altered to accommodate newly imposed guidelines, for example, social distancing.
The Academy reserves the right to reschedule events due to unforeseen external factors and will endeavour to deliver the event using an alternative format where possible.
- If the Academy is required to cancel or amend a course date, a full refund will be offered (if applicable) but the Academy will not be responsible for any consequential losses, for example travel and accommodation costs.
You may wish to consider taking out travel insurance for any non-refundable costs when making arrangements to attend training.
Codes of Conduct
The Academy aims to provide a safe and inclusive environment for all learners and those involved in training.
You may be removed from a course if your behaviour is inappropriate and does not meet expected professional standards.
If your attendance or progress does not meet expectations, we will discuss alternative options or cancellation if that is in your / our best interests.
If you have not completed mandatory pre-course documents (where appropriate), you may be prevented from accessing your course.
If you have any queries about the Academy’s Booking Terms & Conditions and Cancellations Policy then please get in touch with the team.